we are developing with the SensorTag as base a product to track movement of people, the sensor get's pinned under their seat and with the old SensorTag we had some success and the base features worked as planned.
Now we switched to the new CC2650, as it has an external flash memory, the movement sensor is already a combined sensor (on CC2541 we changed the accelerometer and gyroscope to a 6 axis mpu) and some other points. Hardware development is done by another company by our definitions, we only do the firmware changes.
With Android every BLE-Device will get identified by a unique identifier that won't change, think it's the device address.
On iOS the BLE CentralManager i use in my App creates a UDID for every Bluetooth Device when it discovers it first, but it wil not always stay the same after Bluetooth restarting, or phone shutdown.
So i wanted to add the device address to advertising data, like it is in the device information block. But my first try resulted in a bricked SensorTag, which i only could repair using the stock firmware with Flash Programmer.
So far i guessed i should have to use "GAP_ADTYPE_LE_BD_ADDR" and wanted to add it using the same code as for device info
I'm a learned software programmer, this is now my first hardware programming project, mostly before i did websites and mobile apps.