- As described in the announcement from Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), errata 11838 proposes the following changes to be applied to the Core Specifications to incorporate the various encryption key size related updates:
– The minimum encryption key size used for the LMP_encryption_key_size_req PDU shall be set to at least 7 octets
– All BR/EDR Controllers shall implement the Read Encryption Key Size command (0x1408).
- TI has identified that there are no changes required for the Read Encryption Key Size command and the change in the minimum encryption key size requirement applies to the TI Bluetooth controllers with BR/EDR support:
– TI Dual-Mode Bluetooth controllers: CC256x, CC256xB, CC2564C, WL12xx, and WL18xx devices
- Customers using these devices should reference information available from Bluetooth SIG to understand more about the nature of this change.
- The following software updates are available for TI devices implementing Bluetooth Erratum 11838:
- For information on other TI devices with BR/EDR support that are not listed above, please contact email@example.com.
Note: The current and existing Bluetooth Core Specifications for Low Energy (LE) devices implementing LE Legacy Pairing and LE Secure Connections (LESC) already require a minimum encryption key length of 7 octets and are thus not applicable to Bluetooth Erratum 11838.