I am using CC2541 + Balun 2450BM15A0002 + MIFA antenna. I'm following antenna dimensions mentioned in swra117d. I'm also following recommended balun design from manudacturer. I'm considering following design things mentioned by TI and other manufacturers in general.
- Solid ground plane underneath CC2541 antenna pins and balun.
- No solid copper region underneath pcb antenna on any layer. I'm using 4 layer design as mentioned in CC2541 Keyfob's Read me file. should there be GND plane below pcb antenna?
- placed lots of vias spaced apart 1.25mm near antenna section.
- Top and Bottom layer are filled with copper pour. Both connected using lots of vias.
- Both crystal and decoupling capacitors are placed as closely as possible.
- PCB Antenna's feed line is connected to Balun's antenna pin and pcb antenna's other part is connected to GND. How do I mention this in Altium. Its giving me error. I used solid fill region to make pcb antenna, is it right tool to use?
- Via near antenna section, should these be drilled to GND plane underneath the RF section or should these via be connected to Copper pour on Bottom layer?