1. Does using BLE requires Apple chip on the board, like it used to be with the former bluetooth solution? (connecting iPhone to a bluetooth device, required an apple chip added to the chipset, as well as being a member in the MFI (made for iPod programm).
2. Does using BLE requires MFI membership (or only apple developer)
3. Is it possible that BLE event will "wake up" the application (bring it to forground) or at least will enable some background process (like navigation apps)? (I saw it was asked, but didn't see a confirmed answer)
Thanks a lot
if you can rewrite your question in TI cc2540 terms, I‘ll try to help you. Most people here do not care about Apple terms like MFI since this is not an Apple forum. Try this or giving me a Mac and iPhone4s.
Please click the Verify Answer button on a post if it answers your question! :)
1. MFi chip is not required.
3. You should direct this question to Apple, but i do believe that its possible.
I can confirm the above on points 1 and 2. Also, our demo app (which you can download from our wiki pages) includes the functionality you ask for in 3. An accelerometer even will issue an alert and ask the user if they want to bring the app to foreground.
Has anyone successfully used theMotorola Droid Razr to connect to the CC2540?
The RAZR needs to be running ICS to support BLE as far as we can tell.
What is ICS?
Ice Cream Sandwich. And apparently it's 4-6 months at least before RAZR will get it.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.