This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.

ADC12DJ3200EVM: Purchase the FMC+ to FMC adapter

Part Number: ADC12DJ3200EVM
Other Parts Discussed in Thread: ADC12DJ3200, TIDA-01024


I am Tong Duan, from the University of Alberta. We want to connect two Xilinx VCU128 FPGA boards together using the FMC+ connectors. But now we only have a FMC-to-FMC cable. So if we can buy two FMC+ to FMC adapters (the attached product schematic is found on your website), then we can connect the two boards together.

We find in the ADC12DJ3200 product box, the FMC+ to FMC adapter is included. So, can you please tell us how to buy the FMC+ to FMC adapter separately? My email address is: If you need other contact information, please also tell me.

Looking forward to you reply, thank you very much!


Tong Duan

  • First check out the design material related to the schematic for the FMC+/FMC adapter located within TIDA-01024 product page:

    Verify that the connections are what you need/want.  If you are trying to connect two FPGAs together, this adapter may not work if some of the lines need to cross-over, like TX output serdes to RX input serdes.  Also, the sex of the adapters may not fit for what you need.


  • Hi, RJH,

    Thanks for this information. Maybe this adapter can be used to connect the DAC board. Could you please tell us the price of this adapter TIDA-01024?


    Tong Duan

  • If you are referring to connecting a TI DAC board that has a "regular" FMC connector to a Xilinx FPGA with an FMC+ connector, then there is no need for an adapter.  The FMC "male" connector of the DAC will fit inside an FMC+ "female" connector.

    FYI...the adapters discussed in this thread are not independently for sale.  The one in TIDA-01024 is not available. The FMC+ to FMC Adapter is only provided through the ADC12DJ3200 EVM.  I don't think either of those will do what you want though.  If you ware trying to connect two FPGAs together, you need a cable or board that has two FMC "male" connectors as well as any crossovers for having one communicate to the other.


  • Hi RJH,

    Thank you so much for such a detailed reply! We will consider what you told us. 


    Tong Duan