Other Parts Discussed in Thread: DLPA2005, , DLPC3430
Hi there, and thanks in advance for the help.
We have developed our Beta iteration of a PCB that's slated to go into production this month. The board uses a DLPC3435 and DLPA2005 chipset, and is based off a working prototype board with a few changes. Our board uses a Pi, with a DPI configuration.
The DLPC doesn't seem to complete it's boot, and continues to reset about 4 times a second.
Sequence and tests so far:
The DLPA seems to be operating properly, all rails seem to match specs in the datasheet.
The DLPC does request firmware from the external flash via the SPI bus. There is data going back and forth on the MISO and MOSI lines
Scoping the DLP_RESET pin, it seems to drop to ground 4 times a second. About 239ms Up and approx 11ms down, repeating.
DLP_HOST_IRQ seems to follow the DLP_RESET pin, and drop. However it stays lower for longer as we do not have an external pullup on that pin.
Changes since last board:
1) Flash chip now runs on 1v8, and is now the maximum size specified by DLPC datasheet (Previously it was larger than max :S)
2) There is no external pull up on HOST_IRQ. Adding one does not change the testing
3) DSI is connected to the pi with 0ohm resistors. Previously we did not have this option but wanted to see if we could develop the drivers for this.
4) GPIO_08 is now connected to the Pi's GPIO's for programmatic control of the projector. Previously this was hardwired in to the power switch.
Things that are the same:
1) Same Processor and code
2) Same firmware
3) Same projector and DMD (Uploaded and verified)