1. Getting started with DLP
This page talks about how does DLP technology work, why choose DLP products, what does a DLP chipset comprises off, how to find the right DMD for your design, etc.
- Display and Projection Technology
This page will help you get started with DLP Pico Display technology. DLP Pico technology enables excellent image quality, high brightness, and power-efficient display experiences from compact form factors.
- Advance Light Control Technology
This page will point you towards advanced light control solutions offered by DLP in different light spectrums (UV, visible, and NIR).
- Video Trainings
These videos will give you an overview of TI DLP technology, chipsets, Digital Micromirror Device (DMD) architecture, and mechanical considerations.
- Texas Instruments DLP® Display & Projection Chipset Selection Guide
This document can help product developers select a DLP chipset for display and projection applications. An overview of all DLP projection and display chipsets is presented first followed by more detailed product information for DLP Pico™ Digital Micromirror Devices (DMDs) as well as DLP Standard DMDs.
2. General DLP Pico Chipset Information
This page gives you an overview of the impressively small solutions offered by DLP Pico for next-gen display and light control designs.
- TI DLP® Pico™ Firmware Selector
This tool helps one find and download the appropriate firmware for a DLP Pico controller, depending on one’s software and hardware configurations.
- DLP Products Optical Module Search Tool
Customers incorporating DLP technology can use the DLP Products Optical Search Tool to identify products that meet their end equipment specifications, procure production-ready optical modules, and help accelerate their development and time to market.
1. Getting Started with DLP Pico EVMs: https://e2e.ti.com/support/dlp/f/94/t/815752
2. Video and Projection FAQ: https://e2e.ti.com/support/dlp/f/94/t/711662
This FAQ will point you towards relevant whitepapers/ app-notes that will answer questions like how do I get started with TI DLP Technology, how much brightness is needed for my application etc.
3. What is a DMD? DMD 101: https://e2e.ti.com/support/dlp/f/94/t/707583
This FAQ will point you towards the application report which talks about working of Digital Micromirror Device (DMD)
4. Display and Light Control API Release: https://e2e.ti.com/support/dlp/f/94/t/873308
Announcement regarding DLPC-API release. This C API can be used to configure and communicate with the all the Display and Light Control DLPC34xx controllers.
- Application reports
1. TI DLP System Design: Brightness Requirements and Tradeoffs
The objective of this application note is to help product developers who are new to DLP technology understand brightness and the related system tradeoffs.
3. DLP Pico Display chipsets
- DLPC3430, DLPC3432, DLPC3433, DLPC3434, DLPC3435, DLPC3436, DLPC3437, DLPC3438, DLPC3439
1.DSI Setup and Debugging Guide
Kindly go through the DSI setup guide before starting the development if you are planning to use Display Serial Interface on DLPC3430, DLPC3432 and DLPC3433.
2. TI DLP® IntelliBright™ Algorithms for the DLPC343x Controller
This document explains the function and use of the TI DLP IntelliBright™ suite of image processing algorithms contained within the DLCP343x controller.
3. Actuator system integrated circuits and reference designs
This information will be useful for the people who are trying to design a system using DLP controllers (DLPC3434, DLPC3436, and DLPC3437) which support actuator functionality.
4. Application Report: PCB Design Requirements for TI DLP Pico TRP Digital Micromirror Devices
This document summarizes the PCB layout and PCB design requirements for systems utilizing a TRP digital micromirror device (DMD) in combination with any DLPC343x controller and either the DLPA200x or DLPA300x
- DLPDLCR2000EVM Structured Light Code
This FAQ talks about the new code update to the BeagleBone Black Debian distribution for DLPDLCR2000EVM in order to enable support for structured light applications.
2. DLPDLCR2000EVM Quick Start Tutorial
Tutorial on how to get your DLP® LightCrafter™ Display 2000 EVM up and running on a BeagleBone Black.
3. Focus Lever Modification
This FAQ talks about a straightforward modification to the DLPDLCR2000EVM ‘s optical engine that will result in a focus lever that is more resistant to adjustment.
4. Pre-built BeagleBone Debian for DLPDLCR2000EVM
Note regarding the Debian release for the latest BeagleBone Black Drivers which can be used with DLP® LightCrafter™ Display 2000 EVM.
5. BeagleBone Black Manual Cape Driver Installation
Information related to the cape overlay file and EEPROM data which can be used to install the EVM driver on any BeagleBone release from scratch.
6. DLPDLCR2000EVM + Raspberry Pi Integration
E2E thread which has some useful information regarding the integration of a Raspberry Pi with DLPDLCR2000EVM.
Additional information for setting up DLPDLCR2000EVM + Raspberry Pi system can be found here - http://frederickvandenbosch.be/?p=2948
4. DLP Pico Light Control chipsets
- DLPC3470, DLPC3478, DLPC3479
1. General “Light Control” EVM information:
This FAQ contains all the important information needed to get started with the DLPC347X based systems and the corresponding EVMs.
2. New DMD Part Number for DLPC347x:
Information regarding changes in the firmware support strategy for the DLPC347X platforms.
3. Sequence Timings Information:
This FAQ has all the information related to the Sequence Timings supported by the DLPC347X firmware for all the 3 light control modes (Internal Pattern mode, External Pattern Mode, Splash Pattern Mode).
The DLP® Display and Light Control evaluation modules (EVM) include a Windows®-based GUI tool used to control the EVM through SPI and I2C commands.
5. Advanced Light Control Chipsets
- DLPC150, DLPC350
1. ALC EVMs Information:
This FAQ provides all the necessary information required to get started with DLP Advance Light Control Chipsets.
2. NIR EVMs Information:
This FAQ lists down the answers for most of the frequently asked questions on DLP’s spectroscopy-based evaluation modules.
3. DLPLCR4500 FAQ:
This FAQ acts as a getting started guide to work on DLPLCR4500EVM.
Thanks and regards,
DLP PICO Applications Team