[Update 8/24] Our ventilator/medical blower reference design is now available here: TIDA-010072
We understand that these are challenging times, and we’re here to help. If you need resources on how to design a ventilator or other medical equipment, we have teams available to work with you directly to help accelerate the design of these systems.
Here’s how to reach us:
- Click the red “reply” button at the bottom of this FAQ and leave a comment.
- Call/email your local TI field applications engineer (FAE) (if applicable).
- Contact us via our Customer Support Center, where you can get support via phone, chat, or web form.
We’re currently developing a ventilator/medical blower reference design that will meet the specifications below. If you think this could help you, please reach out to us using one of the methods above, and we’ll share the design documents with you directly. [Update 8/24] This reference design is now available here: TIDA-010072
Ventilator/medical blower reference design specifications:
- Input voltage range: 6-28V (12V-24V systems)
- One blower motor driver featuring sensorless FOC drive, 6A peak
- Two-channel bidirectional solenoid drive, 12V, 400mA per channel
- Four-channel unidirectional solenoid drive, 12V, 400mA per channel
Additionally, we have sub-system reference designs for ventilators on our ventilator web page.
We’ve also published resources for common design challenges in medical systems; they are listed below so that you can quickly browse and see if any are relevant to your design.
Motor drive design resources:
- High-speed brushless motor (1k to 10k RPM in 0.2s) (reference design)
- High-speed sensorless (>100krpm) (reference design)
- Solenoid drive (reference design)
- Best practices for motor driver board layout (application report)
Power management design resources:
- WEBENCH® Power Designer for switching regulators (design tool)
- Low-noise and high-current LDOs selection guide (product selection guide)
- 350W CCM PFC with >98% efficiency (reference design)
Analog signal chain design resources:
- Filter Design Tool (design tool)
- Common amplifier sub-circuits (application briefs)
- Temperature compensation using high-accuracy temperature sensors (application brief)
- Low-power humidity and temperature digital meter (reference design)
Other design resources:
- Ventilator sub-system reference designs
- PCB thermal calculator to estimate the junction temperatures of components that use exposed-pad packages (design tool)
- TI E2E™ support forums, where you can get help from a TI applications engineer