This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.

TINA/Spice/LM5146-Q1: Tina TI simulation model

Part Number: LM5146-Q1
Other Parts Discussed in Thread: TINA-TI,

Tool/software: TINA-TI or Spice Models


I have run the webench for the LM5146-Q1 and would like to perform some more simulations with this part.

I have imported the spice model into Tina TI and created a new macro for it but can't get the simulation to run. It gives a "Setpoint not found" error.

I have also tried the spice model in LTSPICE but can't get it to work there either.

Is there perhaps a Tina TI example circuit available for this part? I can't find it on the TI website.



  • Heinrich,

    I have forwarded this request to the modeling expert. You will receive a response shortly.

  • Heinrich,

    would you please send us the TINA schematics/test bench which you are using so I can take a look at it.

    Kind Regards,
  • Hi Arash

    Thank you for the response.

    I have attached the Tina TI simulation file. The LM5146-Q1 component was created from the PSPICE .lib file that I downloaded from the TI website.

    The overall circuit is the same as it is in the Webench tool.




  • Hi Heinrich,

      I changed few simulation parameters and then I ran a quick  simulation on schematic you sent and it runs.

      You can select some pre-defined parameters simulation that is fine tuned for speed or accuracy or convergence problems  under Analysis==> Set Analysis parameters .  At  the bottom right corner, click on the Pointing hand and click OPEN and a browsing window opens,  toward the end of the list you can select and load the type of parameters that suits your need. ( results might be sometimes different as you loosen up the tolerance)

    As  you can see in attached files, i did not get the error you mentioned and simulation was running . Also please watch for  component values  you have changed from original released schematic (such as FB resistor , R10) as they might cause some issues.

    I am closing this ticket as the issue of the  error  you mentioned is addressed.

  • Hi Arash

    Thank you very much for the assistance. I will implement the suggestions.