Other Parts Discussed in Thread: TLV767-Q1, , TPS7A8101
I see TPS7A8101-Q1 and TLV767-Q1 have the same SON-8 (DRB) footprint and similar but not identical pinout. Is it possible to migrate an existing design from TPS7A8101-Q1 to TLV767-Q1 with BOM change only (not schematic or layout change)?
The application is 6.5V~7V input and 3.3V output up to 1A, where TLV767-Q1 could provide more input voltage headroom.
I'm curious about the following about TLV767-Q1:
- Can pin #2 (NC) be connected to pin #1 (OUT)? Datasheet recommends to float or connect to GND.
- Can pin #7 (NC) be connected to pin #8 (IN)? Datasheet recommends to float or connect to GND.
- Is pin #4 and pin #6 (GND) connected together internally? Datasheet says all GND pins must be grounded.
- Can pin #6 (GND) be connected to PCB ground through either AC cap (CNR) or 0-ohm resistor?
- Can the same feedback resistor values be used for the adjustable version of TLV767-Q1 and TPS7A8101?
For 3.3V fixed version, I think pin #3 (SNS) can be tied to pin #1 (OUT) using R1 = 0 ohm, R2 = DNP, and Cff = DNP.
Please let me know if there are any other design considerations.