Other Parts Discussed in Thread: TMS320F28379D, AMC1306M25, AMC1306M05, AMC3306M05, AMC3306M25, INA240, INA241A, AMC1035, ADS7042, LMG1210, ISO6760
My customer is considering a new generation of servo driver design based on the TIDA-00914 reference design, which requires high precision, but there are some differences in parameters, and needs to confirm with TI engineers whether changes are needed.
Let's start with the characteristics of the two products: (customer's product referred to as CC-MD)
- Reinforced Isolated Inverter Power Stage Suited for 200- to 480-V AC Powered Drives;
- Nominal Phase Current Measurement Range of 28 ARMS, Transient Peak Range of ±80 Apk With 4-mΩ Shunt Resistor;
- IGBTs are used;
- Control by TMS320F28379D;
Features of CC-MD: (customer's features abbreviated as CC-MD)
- 24- to 60-V DC Powered Drives;
- Nominal Phase Current Measurement Range of 40 ARMS, Transient Peak Range of ±80 Apk;
- With MOSFETs or GaN FETs.
- Control by FGPA.
The above 4 features are the main differences, so CC-MD products with such characteristics are suitable for the ΔΣ Modulator solution?
And CC-MD if using MOSFET (for example: NTMFSC004N08MC) or GaN FET (for example: EPC2218), we are not aware of any device with isolation for the time being (if so, please let me know).
So based on the characteristics of CC-MD products, is it possible to meet the high resolution and accurate isolated phase current measurement?
Because we note that in the TIDA-00914 document, there is a particularly important statement "High-resolution, accurate, isolated phase current measurement is vital in industrial motor drive These applications include servo drives, robotics, machine tools, industrial manufacturing, and CNC machines."
We look forward to hearing from TI experts.