Other Parts Discussed in Thread: RM48L952, TPS65381-Q1, TPS65381A-Q1
We are working on the safety application. We want the watchdog circuit to cover high diagnostic. The safe TI library has the TPS driver library and we have some doubts about it.
1. Whether TPS65381 companion chip covers high diagnostic coverage like voltage monitoring and watchdog circuit.
2. The SPNA176A document helps on Interfacing TPS65381 With Hercules (RM46). These documents tells to use the ecmp_if.c and ecmp.c as source files. But the latest safety ti diag library (2.4.0) has no file available in the name ecmp_if.c and ecmp.c. Whether the source file available in safe ti library (2.4.0) TPS driver library is the latest one for RM48 series. If yes, is there any documentation available like SPNA176A?
3. How does the TPS65381 chip work as the Watchdog monitoring circuit?
4. In the rm48l952 TPS test example application, how does the watchdog is serviced?
5. What is the window watchdog and Q&A watchdog in TPS65381? Is it implemented the same in the demo application?
6. Whether the ERROR/WDI of TPS65381 is used for watchdog trigger input or MCU ESM in the demo application?
7. Whether the TPS chip monitors the voltage continuously and triggers the nPORST pin when the voltage falls above or below the threshold limits? Or does the SW needs to poll the VMON status continuously and take appropriate action?
8. In the custom application, whether the TPS should work in ACTIVE or DIAGNOSTIC state?
9. For the following safe diagnostics like voltage monitoring, oscillator check, window watchdog, temperature shutdown and etc, whether the NRES will be triggered, if any fail condition occurs?
Thanks and Regards,