Part Number: LM3429
HI Subhash Chandra Sadhu
- OPT8241-CDK-EVM kit is used and IR LED circuit is in use Refer to attached circuit
- OPT8241-CDK-EVM Using the firmware for the built-in laser and adjusting the Voxel SDK parameter without firmware modification.
- OPT8241-CDK-EVM OPT9221 ILLUM_N Signal line R99 1K Installed R101 does not use open processing ILLUM_P signal
LED DRIVER Schematic Problem Review
1. Circuits PL7 and ZD1 do not use LED DRIVER but 20V as power supply separately. The LED is driven without any problem.
However, when 20V is input using LM3429 LED DRIVER, the switching noise is heard and the IR_LED_OUT voltage shakes.
Thank you Subhash Chandra Sadhu6330.tof_sch_170327.pdf
In reply to Clinton Jensen:
TOF CAMERA's LED DRIVER problem should be solved. Please let me know your engineer name
Clinton Jensen Thank you
3D ToF Product Landing Page
In reply to Subhash Chandra Sadhu:
hi Subhash Chandra Sadhu
- You said the boost converter output voltage is a problem. Which part is the problem?
Led directly to IR_LED_VOUT. Then the output voltage is not a problem.
- Please look at the sending circuit again. And answer
And if you connect the ILLUM_EN signal from the tof camera to Figure 2, you hear the switching noise and the output voltage shakes.
tof_sch_170329.pdfWhat is the problem
In reply to MINSU PARK:
Thanks for the answer.
- 3A power supply to give the LM3429 5V power. The LM3429 has enough current.
Also, as you can see from the circuit diagram, there is no problem in driving the LED.
- The camera image does not look bad. Switching noise sound is a problem.
- I connected the PWM signal applied to the LM3429 NDIM pin to the beacon instead of the ILLUM_EN signal. There is no switching noise and the LED works well.
What is the cause
- The OPT8241-CDK-EVM firmware is using firmware for the laser. Is there firmware that uses the ir LED applied to the OPT8241-CDK-EVM kit?
- If you have the firmware for the LEDs applied to the OPT8241-CDK-EVM kit, can you send it to me
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with respect to these materials. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.