I am looking for the full Tim Green's 15-part series on Operational Amplifier Stability, that it is mentioned in "The Signal" compendium.
Is the entire series available?
This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
I know that there are non TI resources that have some of the series.
I found the following e2e post: https://e2e.ti.com/support/amplifiers-group/amplifiers/f/amplifiers-forum/375041/tim-green-s-series-on-op-amp-stability
Tim Green himself goes onto attach the 11 of 15 completed parts; Tim has left TI and the book was never completed.
We do however have a plethora of stability resources, ordered by helpfulness:
1. Bruce Trump's "Taming Oscillations - the capacitive load problem", the attached ppt in this tech article summarizes the Tim Green series
2. TI Precision Labs - Op Amps: Stability
3. The basics of op amp loop-stability analysis: A tale of twin loop-gains
4. Op amp stability and input capacitance
5. Stability Analysis of Voltage-Feedback Op Amps
6. Op Amps for Everyone
7. Do-it-yourself: Three ways to stabilize op amp capacitive loads
8. SPICEing Op Amp Stability
All the best,
And Massimo, I sort of picked up from Bruce Trumps series with the "The Signal Sped Up" series on Planet Analog, Insights 5 through 8 cover stability for the different kinds of high speed op amps - of course the VFA section applies to precision op amps as well.
Figure 4 in this article was something new (for me) that I had generated back then. Works really well and finally we can move beyond just GBP for the closed loop SSBW at lower phase margins.
I talk to Tim regularly, not sure if he is going to come back and self publish that whole series as a book? I think his series (and Art Kay's noise series) and quite a number of articles I had done on AnalogZone by Paul McGoldrick all kind of vanished overnight when that site went down.
In addition see the link below: