This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: ADS8689
What is the command sequence to read device id 32 bits register
As per the datasheet we can send read HALF_WORD command but,
1) does it read MSB half word or LSB half word ?
2) should we need to send more 16 clocks after sending command of read half word?
3) Should we send read half word command twice to read whole word(32 bits) ?
1) Half word means 16-bit regarding a 32-bit internal register, below is an command example to use READ_HWORD command to read from ALARM_H_TH_REG Register.:
2) Yes, the SCLK clocks in first frame F are used to send the command to the ADC device, and the clocks in second frame F+1 are used to shift out 16-bit content of the register from the device to the microcontroller. Notice that the second frame is required because the command gets executed at the rising edge of CONVST/&CS signal.
3) Yes, see the command example in 1).
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.