Tool/software: Code Composer Studio
Hi community member,
My customer used MSP Flasher to write files to the MSP430F5329.
However, it was not possible to write with Intel-hex file.
So I got the following question from the customer.
Can you check it?
1. What is the reason why the hex file of CCS "Output Intel hex format (–intel, -i)" could not be written?
2. What can be considered as a countermeasure for writing the hex file?
3. Can you tell the difference between ti-txt file and intel hex file?
-> Please let me know if there is an explanatory material other than MSP430 assembly User's Guide.
When customers executed writing with MSP Flasher (ver.1.3.18), it became as follows.
1. Error will occur if the file is in Intel-hex format (-intel, -i).
2. The writing is successful if the file is TI-TXT hex format (-ti_txt).
The error in 1. was the following screen.
C:\MSPFlasher_1.3.18>MSP430Flasher -n MSP430F5329 -w [filename] -v -z [RESET,VCC]
ERROR: Error within Intel Hex file
Customers want to know why they can not write in Intel Hex file.