Other Parts Discussed in Thread: LAUNCHXL-F280049C, C2000WARE
The DRV8311HEVM can be used with the LAUNCHXL-F280049C to provide sensorless Field-oriented control (FOC) via the MotorControl Software Development Kit from C2000. MotorControl is a cohesive set of software infrastructure, tools, and documentation designed to minimize C2000 MCU based motor control system development time targeted for various three-phase motor control applications. It includes InstaSPIN-FOC firmware that runs on motor control evaluation modules, such as the DRV8311HEVM. This E2E FAQ provides the pre-production firmware for the DRV8311HEVM intended for integration with MotorControl SDK version 3.01.00.00.
The firmware is compatible for both the DRV8311H (H/W variant) and the DRV8311S (SPI variant). Note that the DRV8311HEVM is populated by default with the DRV8311H but it is also compatible with the DRV8311S. Follow the section “DRV8311S Compatibility” in the DRV8311HEVM User’s Guide to configure the evaluation mode for the intended variant.
MotorControl SDK provides a variety of labs (described in the MotorControl SDK InstaSPIN User’s Guide) to validate the InstaSPIN-FOC algorithm on the evaluation hardware and develop advanced control techniques such as field weakening and MTPA control. The source code can be used to generate binary output files (.out) after the project has been built by the compiler. You can run or debug the .out file in CCS or import the .out file into the DRV8311HEVM InstaSPIN Universal GUI, which is available for evaluation and download on the Gallery.
Steps for integrating DRV8311HEVM Sensorless-FOC firmware:
- Download Code Composer Studio. Ensure to install compiler options for “C2000 Real Time MCUs”.
- Download MotorControl SDK version 3.01.00.00: https://www.ti.com/tool/download/C2000WARE-MOTORCONTROL-SDK/3.01.00.00
- Download the “drv8311hevm.zip” solution folder: drv8311hevm.zip
- Extract all files of “drv8311hevm.zip” into C:\ti\c2000\C2000Ware_MotorControl_SDK_3_01_00_00\solutions.
- Open up Code Composer Studio.
- Under “Project”, click on “Import CCS Projects”. Then click "Browse".
- Navigate to the following directory: C:\ti\c2000\C2000Ware_MotorControl_SDK_3_01_00_00\solutions\drv8311hevm\f28004x\ccs\sensorless_foc
- Click "Select Folder" and import the desired projects as detailed in the MotorControl SDK InstaSPIN User’s Guide. The MotorControl SDK InstaSPIN User’s Guide can be found here: C:\ti\c2000\C2000Ware_MotorControl_SDK_3_01_00_00\solutions\common\sensorless_foc\docs\labs