I am trying to set the battery chemistry and having some issues entering cfg_update mode.
First I do a hard reset upon start by using the Reset() subcommand:
After which the ITPOR bit is set:
Flags is 0x21
I also checked the control status and saw that the gauge is unsealed:
Control status is 0x4.
However, when I send the cfg update subcommand, I do not see a change in the Flags() register, even after polling for more than 1 second.
I am doing: Write(0x0, 0x13), and the flags register stays the same as above.
I have tried out other subcommands which seem to be working properly, including set_hibernate, clear_hibernate, shutdown_enable, and toggle_powermin.
Please let me know if I am missing something or any next steps to debug. Thanks!