I recently purchased a node locked CCS v5 license and have some installation related questions before I do the install...
Some information about our Host and Target platforms:
- Host platform information: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Dell Lattitude, Intel i5 @ 2.5 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM, 250 GB drive
- Target device information: Two TMS320C6474 devices on our proprietary board
- Emulator: XDS510 USB JTAG emulator
1. I currently have a CCS v5 free license installed (which was originally a 90 day eval license) but have just purchased a node locked license. I prefer to start clean by uninstalling the existing CCS software before installing from the new DVD's I received with the node locked license. However in the past I've had problems with (non-TI) software in which uninstalling does not fully remove everything and there remains some leftover components that cause problems on the subsequent install. Is the CCS v5 uninstall process clean enough for this uninstall/reinstall approach to work? Do you recommend a different approach?
2. Will the CCS v5 uninstall utility also uninstall the XDS emulator drivers that were installed with my free license CCS v5?
3. The Host running CCS cannot (is not allowed to) be connected to the internet. How can I activate my license if the machine is not internet enabled?
4. I'm a bit confused about which libraries I need. Surely I need the C6474 CSL (SPRC975). Other libraries that I think I need include the C64x+ DSPLIB (18.104.22.168), C64x+ IQMath Library (SPRC542), and C64x Fast RTS Library (SPRC122).
- Are any of these libraries bundled with CCS v5 or do I need to download each one individually from the TI web site?
- Do you recommend that we install each of these libraries? That is, are these particular libraries generally useful for DSP development?
- Are there other libraries you recommend we install?
- I haven't found a Fast RTS Library for C64x+. Is there one available? Only C64x version is shown on the web page.
5. We also purchased an XDS510 USB emulator that we'll use with CCS install. Is there any software or drivers that I need to install for this or are they bundled in the CCS v5 installation?