This thread has been locked.

If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.

system crashed when run Xserver

My EV3 board can run debian 4.0(etch) now.
then I have intalled xserver as "apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-fbdev"
when video output to LCD, run X is ok.

and i make those change

omap_disp_out.c
#if defined(CONFIG_OMAP3EVM_LCD_VGA) || defined(CONFIG_FB_OMAP_LCD_VGA)
#define H4_LCD_XRES             1280   /* Change these */
#define H4_LCD_YRES             720
//#define H4_LCD_XRES   480
//#define H4_LCD_YRES   640

"echo DVI > /sys/class/display_control/omap_disp_control/ch0_output" set output to dvi
the login prompt displayed.
BUT SYSTEM CRASHED WHEN I RUN X.
There is not any error message print to serial console or display.just system hangup.

any body resolve this problem?

• I am not all that familiar with OMAP software yet, but my guess would be that maybe the kernel drivers do not support such a high resolution for LCD output.

• yes,I think it's a bug of framebuffer driver.I have contacted support of ti,and will try new version SDK later.

• Angstrom on the Beagle Board runs at 720p with X, so the resolution should be ok (SDK display driver has 720p support). You should not have to modify the source to get 720p out of the DVI, you should be able to change it with 'echo 720P > /sys/class/display_control/omap_disp_control/ch0_mode' as mentioned in the User's Guide. As you suggested it may be best to try a newer SDK version as ther are always bugs being fixed, I know that earlier versions that had DVI support had trouble with the DVSDK demos, though I have not tried any of them with DVI on the latest version.