Part Number: TIDA-00643
In reference to TIDA-00643, I am trying a design a system which can run a Brushless DC Motor with higher power.
Test Procedure :
For testing, I tried running my motor at different values of USER_MOTOR_MAX_CURRENT from 5 A to 23 A. Using a Watt-Meter I measured the current draw which was found to be pretty accurate at peaks.
1. It runs smoothly from 0-15 A.
2. It jitters from 15-23 A.
3.It throws a fault when run at values greater than 23 A.
Goal : I want to increase USER_MOTOR_MAX_CURRENT
I have three assumptions :
1. Is it any component's (i.e. DRV8305, shunt resistors, MOSFETs ) maximum rating that is limiting the USER_MOTOR_MAX_CURRENT ?
2. Is it the layout of the board that is limiting it?
2. Is it any parameter in the firmware that is limiting it?
3. Is it the thermal protection circuit in the DRV8305 that is shutting it off ?
1. All three factors have an impact on the maximum current.
2. Yes, especially long-time running with a load.
3. USER_MOTOR_MAX_CURRENT in user.h
4. No, but will turn off the MOSFET if the Vdson is greater than limitation value.
Btw, you may take a look at the datasheet of DRV8305, you should find more information about your question 1&4.
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.