Our DLP lightcrafter 4500 is suddenly failing to connect and does not recognize the DMD firmware.
- Connect button has a red circle
- Green flashing light on upper right hand corner of the DMD is not illuminated. (Note: The DMD fan is running, and the solid green light on the left side of the DMD is illuminated.)
- Under system control, “Firmware Version:” and “Firmware Tag:” have Xs next to them instead of 3.0.0 and the name given to the most recently used firmware, respectively.
I have tried to force the DMD into boatload mode and to re-upload the firmware using the following steps. I saw no changes. The same symptoms are still present.
- With the DMD off, place the jumper on jumper location 18 (J18)
- Power the DMD on by inserting the power cord and cable
- Reload the firmware
- Power off the DMD by removing the power cord
- Power the DMD back on by inserting the power cord and cable. Look for signs of successful connection.