We are using TPS50601-SP in Master-Slave Mode.
Vin=5v , Vout=1V , Iout= 6A
For this we are following below steps:-TPS50601-PARALLEL.pdf
- The RT pin of the master device is left floating.
- The RT pin on slave device is connected to a 95.3k resistor so that the frequency of the slave device is 500kHz.
- Only a single feedback network is connected to the VSENSE pin of the master device. No resistor divider is connected to slave VSENSE pin. Although both VSENSE pins are shorted.
- SYNC pin of the master is connected to the SYNC pin of the slave device.
- Only a single compensation network is connected to the COMP pin of the master device. Both COMP pins are shorted.
- Only a single soft start capacitor is connected to the SS pin of the master device Both SS pins are shorted.
- Only a single enable resistor divider is connected to the EN pin of the master device. Both EN pins are shorted.
- Master device controls the compensation, soft start and enable networks, the factor of 2 is taken into account when calculating the components associated with these pins.
These points are from application note "TPS54620 Parallel Operation".
Are these steps right or do we need to use separate feedback divider for output at both TPS50601-SP and same for COMP,EN etc and then shorted these pins.
Also in EVAL board of TPS50601-SP Schottky diodes are used from Vin to Boot and PH to Gnd. Are schottky diodes compulsory or we can ignore them?
Attached is the schematic please review it and share your comments.
Early response will be highly appreciated.