The following FAQ applies to AM243x LaunchPad (LP-AM243), AM263x LaunchPad (LP-AM263), AM243x General Purpose Evaluation Module (TMDS243GPEVM, TMDS243EVM), AM263x Control Card (TMDSCNCD263).
1. Do the Sitara MCU evaluation modules (EVM) and LaunchPads (LP) have any power requirements?
2. What is the EVM/LP Power-on sequence after a type-C connection is established?
3. What should be done if the Power-good status LEDs are not glowing following the type-C connection?
4. How does the EVM/LP handle a type-C connection to supply power to the board?
5. How does the TUSB320 Port Controller determine the current mode?
6. Can I use a USB type-A to USB type-C cable to supply power to the board?
7. Are all USB type-C to USB type-C connections capable of high current?
8. Are all USB type-C cables rated for 5V/3A?
9. Can I use a >15W universal wall adapter that uses a DC barrel jack with a DC barrel jack to USB type-C adapter?
10. What is the recommended solution for powering Sitara MCU evaluation modules and LaunchPads?