Other Parts Discussed in Thread: DRV8332
Hi support team,
I have read your explanations about disabled thermal shutdown in DRV8332-HT that date back to about 4 years ago, with the intention to make corrections to the confusing datasheet. Unfortunately, the datasheet is still uncorrected. But, which is worse, it is self-inconsistent in at least two more respects:
1. On the first page, it says the Rds_on is 80 mOhms, while the table on page 7 says it is 260 (!) mOhms. Furthermore, Fig 4 indicates that Rds_on change is only +/-1.5% over the entire temperature range, which looks too good to be true since the typical Rds_on change can be about +40/-20% (as in DRV8332 without the -HT suffix).
2. In the "recommended operating conditions" section, the maximum PWM frequency is given as 380 kHz, while the description on page 1 states it is 500 kHz, and the same is implied by the graph in Fig. 2.
Please answer the following questions:
1. What are the Rds_on and the maximum PWM frequency of DRV8332-HT?
2. Can you confirm that not only thermal shutdown, but also the 125 deC Tj early warning is disabled in DRV8332-HT?
3. Is the thermal pad on the top connected internally to the GND?
4. Do you have any reference thermal design for DRV8332-HT?