This thread has been locked.
If you have a related question, please click the "Ask a related question" button in the top right corner. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
Part Number: CDCE706
We have been programming cdce706 chips for several years on a windows xp pc using the parallel smbus interface on the labview version of ti clock pro V1.05. From this old version I have exported a hex image to load using the newer non labview ticlockpro V1.2.1. This is where the problems start. When I plug in my USB CDC Programming EVM V1.1, device manager shows a TUSB3410 device without a driver rather than TI CDCE(L)9xx Programming Evaluation Module shown in 7853.annexeDebugginProgramming EVM.pdf. Is this correct? Next comes the driver. Which driver should I use for the windows 7. The drivers on the ti website in scsc131.zip appear to be xp drivers. Where are the windows 7 drivers? Should I be using a cdce programmer driver or the latest TUSB3410 driver?
On a separate note, I program around 2000 of these chips each year. Is there a better solution?
about the EVM showing up as a blank TUSB3410: this could indicate that the EEPROM content on the EVM changed. This can happen when there are other TUSB tools on the PC.
Please use the EEPROM burner to clear the whole EEPROM and then write the attached file to the EVM. It basically contains the description information to show up as the EVM. cdcprogevm.bin
The driver which comes with the software is actually working with Win7 (even 64 Bit version), but as the driver is not signed for Win7, it needs to be forced by a manual installation. There will be a warning dialog to allow the unsigned driver.
When you go to the windows "device manager ": go to "view" --> "show hidden devices". Then in the "Com Port" category check if there is a TI CDCE.... device. If yes, then select it and uninstall it with "delete" checked.
Then you can use the driver which comes with the software to re-install.
o----------------------------------------------------------------x| Please support us by sharing information about the || + device configuration || + schematic implementation || + your observation happening on a single or multiple units. |x----------------------------------------------------------------x
We are glad that we were able to resolve this issue, and will now proceed to close this thread.
If you have further questions related to this thread, you may click "Ask a related question" below. The newly created question will be automatically linked to this question.
In reply to Patrick Kammermayer:
I have used TUSB3x10 EEPROM Burner v 220.127.116.11 to burn the supplied file. Attached is a dump of the eeprom after the burn. After the burn I see no devices hidden or otherwise in the ports section of device manager. If I uninstall the eeprom burner the device appears as an unknown device.
I have downloaded scac131.zip for the drivers and attempted to use these to update the driver for the unknown device without success.
What is the next thing to try?
In reply to David Talbot:
The EEPROM Size was set to 64Kb, see attached screenshot.
I investigated the issue. I found out that in our production we still use an earlier version of the EEPROM burner. The newer version seems to have changed the transfer format with byte/word. Therefore the misalignment happened.
I created a full 64kBit image and tried it out on an intentionally deleted EEPROM.
Please use the following steps:
1) in the options menu (2nd button from left) enable the "Show the program full binary image button".
2) select 64kBit EEPROM
3) select the bin file extracted from attached zip file.
4) click the "program full binary image" button (yellow triangular)
Please let me know if this worked for you.
Didn't work for me. Attached is the dump after programming.
the eeprom content is still the same as before. It seems that the update did not work.
Please send me your shipping address using private message of the E2E forum and let's replace the board you have to one from my stock to get you going.
I agree the content has not changed. For completeness I did an erase then downloaded the eeprom content. I can confirm the eeprom was correctly erased before the programming. However, the dump shows either an address issue or a hardware issue. I have sent a private message with my shipping address.
Interestingly the eeprom dump with 64kb eeprom size set, downloads a file 64kB in size with, what looks like, a 64kb image in it 8 times. I have tried using a 8kb setting on the eeprom burner, however this programmed the bottom 64kb in the same way as shown in the dumps in te previous post.
I received the replacement programming EVM and following the instructions:
6406.How to update to Win7 x64 Driver for Programming EVM.pdf
using the drivers here:
I am now able to program the cdce706 chips again.
Thank you for your help.
Would you like me to return my original programmer for analysis?
All content and materials on this site are provided "as is". TI and its respective suppliers and providers of content make no representations about the suitability of these materials for any purpose and disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to these materials, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, either express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, is granted by TI. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from TI.
TI is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company. Innovate with 100,000+ analog ICs andembedded processors, along with software, tools and the industry’s largest sales/support staff.